On a silent road, you are pedalling forward and with every push of the pedal, you hear a sharp creak from the seat of the cycle. Did it ever happened with you, wasn’t that melodious?
You may have also taken care not to let your creaks be heard in proximity of others. I remember precisely and I stopped feeling shame for the creaks when I got to know its benefits.
We will keep the negative things of a creaking seat for the audience, let’s see what are some good points 🙂
1. Cycle does not have a combustion cylinder and is extremely silent. A silent moving vehicle can be fatal for other people on the road as they may not know of something approaching from behind.
A creaking seat will not only warn the people of something approaching them but it may also raise their curiosity to turn back and have an advance look at us.
2. A creaking cycle seat reminds us of how lazy we are not to fix it. For people who need repeated reminders, this is a completely free service for us by our cycle.
3. You must have thought of buying a speedometer many times and kept it as a thought only, no worries. We can use the tempo of the creaks to get a good estimate of our speed.
I am sure you must have experienced this physical phenomenon. This pristine gift of god for humans saves money on buying a speedometer and changing batteries.
4. A creaking seat aids in building sympathy for the surrounding, that somebody has to creak to carry us. Ya, I know, this one got little emotional 😀
5. Someone repeatedly forgetting of what we told them to do is annoying right?
A creaking seat gives a life lesson that somebody may genuinely forget, after all, didn’t we forgot to fix the seat for the last couple of weeks despite having in mind that I will surely fix this while heading back home every time from the ride.
6. I feel this is the most important one, I have seen hundreds of life coach taking money and giving out the secret of being in the moment. Our cycle does it for free.
A creaking seat keeps us in the moment. Every time our mind starts to wander, a sudden creak from the seat pulls us back to the moment and we starting admiring the vista and our cycle again.
That moment I think of the cycle similar to a beautiful pet parrot which melodiously calls us from its cage to gain our attention and we look at the parrot and give a smile confirming that, yes dear I am listening to you.
A creak is not that bad, enjoy it!
Did you ever experience something like this?
🚵♀️ 🚴🏻♂️ 🚵♀️ 🚴🏻♂️ 🚵♀️ 🚴🏻♂️2